Nose cone assembly

Well it’s been too hot to do very much today 36.4c (97.5f) so have stayed in most of the day. But managed to epoxy the bulk plate on to the back of the nose cone for Garfield Express. I had to use a 6 inch bulk plate and U-bolt as did not have a 7.5 […]

Read more "Nose cone assembly"

A new year, a new name

Well, the HART BEAT rocket is finally 99% finished and on the 10th June 2019, after spending just over £200 on paint and supplies, the rocket has gone to my good friend Lee for him to paint. My Level 3 rocket was going to be called HART BEAT, following my first 2 big Rockets – […]

Read more "A new year, a new name"

A new year

Well after nearly 7 months, I have finally started again on my level 3 Rocket. It’s been to cold for the last few months and my health has been poor. So I’ve not been able to do anything to the rocket. But this afternoon it was fairly warm and dry so I decided to get […]

Read more "A new year"

Finishing the airframe 

After getting the Telemetrum electronics sorted out a few weeks ago, I decided to start again on the airframe of my Level 3 rocket – HART Beat.  So for the last 3 days, I have been sanding and painting finishing resin on to the main body tube. It still needs another few coats but looks […]

Read more "Finishing the airframe "

Fibreglassing Part 2

After having lot of problems with the weather. I found a way to continue the glassing inside.  The cloth is already on the tube with spray mount. So now I am painting on the  resin.   As I could not do it outside, I have found my HPR launch pad makes a great tube table. It’s […]

Read more "Fibreglassing Part 2"

New Eye Bolts

After a few comments about my eye bolts and the possibility of them giving way or straightening under strain. I decided to change them to proper forged eye bolts.   Hopefully these will be a lot stronger.  Now just waiting for some dry weather so I can continue with the fibreglassing. 

Read more "New Eye Bolts"

Starting the Fibreglassing !

Today I finally decided to try my first fibre glassing of a High Power Model Rocket. I brought some spray mount and masking tape and decided to first glass the top payload tube, as I originally brought 3 tubes, but now will probably only use 2. I decided that it would be wise to try and glass the easier top payload […]

Read more "Starting the Fibreglassing !"

Some quick sanding

This afternoon I got the rocket into the back garden, and did some light sanding on the fins and fillets to remove any rough edges and get the surface ready for glassing. The little Black and Decker Mouse sander did a great job of removing the rough edges. Glad I did the sanding outside, as the […]

Read more "Some quick sanding"

Main body tube fitting

Yesterday I fixed the main body tube over the motor mount tube and fins and did some external fin fillets.    I used Araldite for the gluing the main tube on and for the fillets as its more easy to apply and mould. Then I used a few small clamps to hold the tube tightly […]

Read more "Main body tube fitting"